Book a service
Thank you for choosing Moorings Northland to service your swing mooring. Please fill out the online form below, email email@example.com or phone us at Moorings Northland on 09 402 6939 and we will then schedule your mooring for servicing.
We balance quality and value meaning you pay a reasonable price for the best possible workmanship, engineering design and highest industry standard components. As a result your mooring asset will last longer and be more economical to maintain in the long term, and above all, you can sleep soundly on a stormy night.
Our inspection and service costs are as follows;
1. Lift and Inspect
Travel to and from your mooring, lift, inspect, photograph and re-deploy your mooring. A typical Lift and Inspection takes about 30 minutes. We inspect all elements of the mooring and measure and check componentry against Northland Regional Council (NRC) minimum standards, avoiding subjectivity, unnecessary work and costs.
A) $175 (plus GST) for standard moorings in the Bay of Islands and Whangarei; or
B) $185 (plus GST) for standard moorings in Mangonui, Whangaroa, Whangaruru, Tutukaka, Ngunguru.
If our initial inspection identifies mooring components are damaged or worn below NRC specified minimum safe thresholds, then the NRC requires these to be replaced to achieve mooring certification. Labour is charged on a pro-rata hourly basis – a typical service period is approximately 30 minutes. Barge and material costs are applied at competitive rates.
3. Certification and Reporting
A $37.00 (plus GST) fee applies for onshore services including Certification, photos and your detailed, personalised service report.
Non-standard (irregular/multiple) block moorings and remote moorings may incur additional charges.
Swing room adjustments and mooring relocations will be charged on a time basis.
Complete fields below….
Our transparent fee structure delivers best customer value and ensures our cost reflect the time and commitment of resources to a mooring service. It also means no “double-ups” on labour.
Our service is delivered using experienced crew working to professional standards. We lift and re-deploy your mooring with 100% accuracy. Note, we replace the headrope if the anti-chafe or thimble is damaged and double weld all shackles for added security. We only use the highest standard independently tested and certified, quality assured components. Following our service your mooring will comply with safety and technical standards set by the NRC and a certificate will be issued.
Our inspections are objective: we measure chains, shackles and swivels against NRC minimum standards. Failed components are replaced so that certification is achieved and insurance secured. This objective approach prevents unnecessary work and costs.
We make every effort in our scheduling to inspect your mooring as close as possible to its expiry date; however, this may not always be possible, for example due to poor weather. The NRC is aware of scheduling constraints.
- Registered swing moorings in Northland are required to be inspected and serviced every three years – this is a condition of the consent with the Northland Regional Council. Failure to do so could result in your mooring being forfeited and your vessel insurance invalidated.
- Some people may require a mooring inspection and servicing regime of two years to meet the requirements of their boat insurer. If in doubt please contact your insurer.
- In more exposed and harsh mooring locations owners should consider two yearly services.
- We recommend that swing moorings that have a Fergibuoy attached should consider a two yearly inspection and service regime because the continual friction between the buoy’s hard plastic and the polyester rope can cause static which in turn causes electrolysis along the top chain. So if in doubt–check it out!